• Project title: Establishment of Computing Centers and Curriculum Development in Mathematical Engineering Master program
• Project acronym: ECCUM
• Reference number: 561574-EPP-1-2015-1-ES-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
• Coordinating university: University of Santiago de Compostela
• Total budget of the project: 636 496 euros.
• To develop interdisciplinary master program in Mathematical Engineering by September 2016
• To establish 5 Computing Centers in each Central Asian partner university and develop the shared platform between partners by November 2016
Partnership (European partners)
Grantholder: University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
• Polytechnic University of Turin (Italy)
• University of Primorska (Slovenia)
Non academic partner:
Fundacion Publice Gallega Centro Technologico (Spain)
Partners from Uzbekistan
• Urgench State University ( UrSU)
• Turin Polytecnic University in Tashkent (TTPU)
• Bukhara Engineering Technological Institute (BETI)
• Ministry for Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan
• Physical-Technical Institute
• JSC "General Motors Powertrain-Uzbekistan"
• NGO KRASS
• ECCUM project includes following 8 Workpackages:
WP.1 Needs and competencies analysis
WP.2 Interdisciplinary Master Program in Mathematical Engineering
WP. 3 Established Computing Centers in Central Asian universities.
WP.4 Competence building.
WP.5 Dissemination and sustainability.
WP.6 Pilot Master Program in Mathematical Engineering at 5 universities in CA universities.
WP.7 Quality assurance and monitoring
WP.8 Project management
The project website is given under the address : http://eccum.famnit.upr.si/en/joint-master-programme .
NEW UPDATED COURSES WITHIN THE PROJECT
Mathematical engineering master program curriculum consists of 10 courses.
1. Introduction to Continuum Mechanics
2. Programming languages
3. General numerical methods
4. Partial differential equations
5. Numerical methods for ODE-
6. Numerical methods for PDE
7. Statistics for business management
8. Fluid mechanics
9. Solid mechanics
10. Optimization and operation research
The partner university Computing center is supplied with the two desktop computers (HP EliteOne 800 G2 All-in-One Business PC) for the project documentation and administrative tasks. Moreover, printing, scanning, copying machine (HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn) is also provided to each partner university for the activities with documentation. The two notebooks (HP ProBook 450 G4 Notebook PC) are purchased for the realization of the activities in mobility, in annual and quarterly meetings. According to the specific objective of the project the computing centers should be established in each CA partner university. That is why, as the coo financing the Urgench State University is provided the project with four PCs for the master students, who will use these computers during the classes. The partner universities within the project purchased the Mathworks® MATHLAB (10 licenses) with Partial Differential Toolbox (10 licenses) Academic and following type of licences of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software:
Urgench State University - COMSOL Multiphysics® FNL License (Academic) with LiveLink™ for MATLAB® FNL license
For the computing centers in each partner university, for the high computing performance three servers (Workstation HP® Z640) are purchased in order to do computations with the MATLAB and COMSOL software.
When the master program starts, according to the project description the first lectures for the master students should be delivered by the European partner professors. For this reason, a Video Conferencing equipment (HUAWEI TE40 Commercial HD Video Conferencing Endpoint) is purchased for all CA partners. For the effectiveness of the classes interactive display (Interactive Screen ViewSonic CDE6561T 65" LED) is purchased for the CA partners. This equipment allows students obtain the knowledge with maximum effect.
A room is allocated for the project (at UrSU the room number 324 in the main building of the university).