Project “Establishment of Computing Centers and Curriculum Development in Mathematical Engineering Master program” under the Erasmus + Programme - Capacity building in higher education was granted by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Our Urgench State university is a regional coordinating university in the project. The project acronym ECCUM is derived from Latin, means Observe, See. The Project Reference number is 561574-EPP-1-2015-1-ES-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP. The grantholder, applicant, coordinating university is the University of Santiago de Compostela.
The project realization period is 3 years and will be active during 15/10/2015 - 14/10/2018. The total project budget is 636 496 euros.
Specific Project Objective
• To develop interdisciplinary master program in Mathematical Engineering
• To establish 5 Computing Centers in each Central Asian partner university and develop the shared platform between partners
European project partners
Grantholder: University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
• Polytechnic University of Turin (Italy)
• University of Primorska (Slovenia)
Fundacion Publice Gallega Centro Technologico (Spain)
Partners from Uzbekistan
• Urgench State University (UrSU)
• Turin Polytecnic University in Tashkent (TTPU)
• Bukhara Engineering Technological Institute (BETI)
• Ministry for Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan
• Physical-Technical Institute
• JSC "General Motors Powertrain-Uzbekistan"
• NGO KRASS
Partners from Kazakhstan
• A.Baitursynov Kostanay State University
• International Information Technology University
• The Institute of Information and Computing Technologies
• Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
• JSC “National Information Technologies”, NITEC
• Limited Liability Partnership "Digital"-Kazakhstan
• Association of legal entities in the form of association(union) "Association for Promotion of Entrepreneurial Activity in Kostanay region "
• Development of interdisciplinary master program in Mathematical Engineering
• Establishing Computer Centers
• Professional development: new Software usage
• New partnership with industry
• English proficiency improvement
First project Kick off meeting
Project kick off meeting took place in Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain) on 1-2 February 2016. The vice rector on scientific issues of URSU Dr. Ikram Abdullaev and lecturer Umid Karimov participated in this kick off meeting on behalf of the Urgench State University. Dr. Ikram Abdullaev presented Urgench State university in the meeting. Umid Karimov gave a presentation of the ECCUM project in detail.
THE ENGLISH TEACHERS TRAINING
The English Teachers Training took place in Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent during March 25-26, 2016. The academic staff members of our applied mathematics department of UrSU Aygul Babadjanova and Nizomjon Jumaniyazov. In the training participants discussed what they know about the project they are involved in and shared their expectations of the training and the project itself. Participants got acquainted with the latest techniques in using technology to support teaching and online resources for their classes. There was discussed to make up syllabuses for English learners of two levels: elementary (as there are many teachers on technical subjects in Buhara Technological Institute and Urgench State University with A2 Level) and pre-intermediate groups. Babajanova Oygul and Djumaniyazov Nizam were asked to handle topics on math to include to the content.
The project official web site:link